St. Marys Marine Center Property Description
St. Marys Marine Center is a public/private development on Georgia’s Atlantic Coast that’s located immediately north of Jacksonville, Florida near Kings Bay Naval Base. The St. Marys Marine Center is located Camden County, Georgia which is just north of Amelia Island, Florida.
Key Location Benefits:
- Immediately north of Amelia Island, Florida
- Approximately 2 miles from the Intracoastal Waterway
- Inland marina and haul out basin protected by barrier islands and marsh during hurricane season
- 12’ mean low water depth with 16’ depth at high tide
- Proximal to retail, restaurants, lodging, and tourism attractions in historic downtown St. Marys, Georgia
- Within 1.5 miles to Cumberland Island National Seashore departure point
Benefits to Tenants and Developers:
- Development savings passed on to tenants/operators from private developer.
- Readily available, highly skilled, transitioning Navy workforce.
- Workforce training assistance through Coastal WorkSource.
- Military Zone tax credits for qualifying employers.
- Strong market for tourists, retirees, and local/regional customers seeking water based activities.
Proposed Features for the St. Marys Marine Center include…
- Haul-out basin for 75 ton and 200 ton lift for servicing boats up to 115’
- Dry-Stack Storage
- Fueling Center and Store
- Showroom and retail space
- Mixed-use “live-above” retail village
- Restaurant Space
- Short term and long term slips
- Build-to-suit light industrial area
- Adjacent public boat ramp with trailer parking and pier space
- Interstate: Interstate 95, 2 miles
- Highway: Georgia State Route 40, 0.17 miles
- Airport: Jacksonville International Airport-Jacksonville, Fla., 27 miles
- Port: Port of Jacksonville, 31 miles